TEACHERS AND STUDENTS
The CTL® Education Chromebook* is hassle-free right out of the box—teachers and students can get up and running quickly. They get their own personalized apps, settings, and bookmarks when they log-in. It works with Chromecast*1 so teachers can stream media from their Chromebook to a TV for the whole class to see.
The Google Apps* suite gives students the tools to create and collaborate virtually on presentations, reports, and spreadsheets. Students can access and share their work anywhere via Google Drive* and it’s always backed up. Teachers can easily monitor student progress and streamline communications.
Unique Features that Promote Learning
The rotatable camera supports scientific inquiry activities along with giving students flexibility in how they capture images and video. A student can rotate the camera away to re- cord a science experiment or capture video of other students doing a skit or presenting a report. A student can rotate the camera up to closely examine a leaf. The integrated micro- phone also rotates with the camera to better capture sound.
The optional snap-on lens attaches to the rotatable camera to provide 30x magnification—enough to clearly see the color of a fruit fly’s eye or the crystal structure on raw sugar.
The retractable handle makes the device easy to carry and less likely to be dropped. A student can also “hook” the device onto their cubby or locker. The anti-glare screen produces less reflection under florescent lights and near classroom windows, reducing student eyestrain.
Fast, Smooth Performance
The CTL Education Chromebook delivers fast, smooth performance—which means more time for teaching and learning. Students can load content-rich webpages quickly, watch videos with brilliant playback, run graphic- intensive scientific simulations, and multitask effortlessly. All-Day Battery Life for All-Day Learning With up to 9.5 hours of battery life,2 teachers and students can work where they need to without a power cord.
Rugged – built tough for anytime, anywhere learning
Drop Resistant – The CTL Education Chromebook is built to withstand bumps and accidental drops from desktop height (up to 70 cm). The stronger, thicker rear cover, frame around the screen, sides and corners absorb the force of bumps and reduce damage when dropped. When a student drops the device on a side or corner, the plastic bumper hits the ground first, protecting the screen. The rugged design helps to reduce out-of-classroom servicing downtime, replacement part costs, and helps to extend the life of the device.
Spill Resistant – The water resistant keyboard channels liquids (up to 330 ml) away from the electronics to prevent damage. The sealed touchpad protects electronics from moisture and spills.
The fanless design reduces noise and eliminates the need for bottom vents. No vents helps to keep debris away from the electronics, helping to extend the life of the device. The CTL Education Chromebook has reinforcement around ports and hinges to add durability that stands up to student wear and tear. The ergonomic keyboard has anti-peel keys that resist removal by students. The non-slip texture hides wear and scratches and helps the student to better grip the device.
In addition to being an affordable device to purchase, the CTL Education Chromebook can dramatically reduce deployment, management, security, and maintenance costs.
Quick to deploy and easy to manage
The Google web-based management console3, purchased separately, makes it easy for a school IT administrator to configure a fleet of Chromebooks. Nearly right out of the box, students and teachers can get up and running. Using the console, IT can remotely manage devices, users, apps, and policies across classrooms, a school, or a district. This solution helps to eliminate time-intensive tasks like imaging, updating OS, installing patches and data recovery. According to Google*, because schools no longer need to purchase the same software licenses, servers, and security solutions, and maintenance plans, the total cost of owning a Chrome- book can dramatically lower than the ownership of a traditional computer.4
Easy to maintain and keep secure
With Google Drive, files are backed-up online, safely, and securely, even if the device is lost or stolen. Google Apps are built-in and stay up to date automatically. No need to install updates or patches. Chromebooks are designed from the ground up to defend against malware and viruses, helping to protect data, users, and networks. Security and software updates install automatically, so students and teachers don’t waste valuable learning time. Multiple login capability gives students their own personalized apps, settings, and book- marks when they log-in so a Chromebook can be shared without fear of unauthorized data access or altered settings.
DESIGNED FOR EDUCATION: UNIQUE FEATURES
Unique features that promote learning
- Rotatable camera with optional snap-on magnification lens that supports scientific inquiry along with photo and video projects.
- Retractable handle that makes it easy for students to carry and less likely to be dropped.
- Anti-glare screen that reduces student eyestrain.
- Up to 9.5 hours of battery life2 for all-day learning.
- Drop resistant – built to withstand bumps and accidental drops from up to 70 cm. Stronger, thicker rear cover, frame around the screen sides and corners absorb the force of bumps and reduce damage when dropped.
- Water resistant keyboard channels spills (up to 330 ml) away from the electronics to prevent damage. Sealed touchpad protects electronics from moisture and spills.
- Reinforcement around ports and hinges adds durability that stands up to student wear and tear
- Anti-peel keys resist removal by students.
- Non-slip texture hides wear and scratches and helps the student to better grip the device.
- Fanless design eliminates the need for bottom vents. No vents helps to keep debris away from the electronics, helping to extend the life of the device.
- 11.6″ 1366x768 HD LED anti-Glare Screen
- Intel Celeron N2940 (2M Cache, up to 2.25GHz-Quad Core-No Fan)
- Battery-Up to 9.5 Hours of use (serviceable battery)
- Chrome OS
- Full HDMI,1xUSB 3.0,USB 2.0,2 in 1 card reader,security lock slot
- 16GB SSD
- 4GB RAM/16GB eMMC Storage
- Intel® Dual Band Wireless – AC 7260 adapter (Wi-Fi 802.11 ac/a/b/g/n 2x2 with Bluetooth* 4.05)
- Stereo, Mic that rotates with camera,HD webcam 1.0MP 720P HD Rotatable
- 180 Degree hinge
- Dimensions: 11.8″ x 8.4″ x .88″
- Weight: 3.04lb
- Ruggedness: 70 CM drop,water-resistant keyboard,anti-peel keys,reinforced ports and hinges, non-slip texture
- 40 Watts(19v 2.1A)
- Retractable handle for easy portability